Tuesday, November 2, 2010

spatially diverse class time

Yesterday we had class at our own chose of location and time.  When asked why, the answer seemed simple to me.  When out in the business world when you have a contracting job or small firm work, there tend not to be any "guidance" beyond a very basic concept of a goal and an intensive for you to reach it(money).  One thing that schools in modern times are terrible at instilling in many people is the ability to stay personally motivated when not given a lot of direction.  Once in the real world there isn't "class time" or a simply formula that you can follow on every assignment to get a good grade, especially in the artistic field. 

For my time I gazed off into space thinking about various aspects of psychology, mostly cognitive behavior and humanistic schools of thought, and how they tied into so many different aspects of life and jobs.  While doing this I had out a couple of my favorite knives from work and slowly sliced up a cherry coke bottle that was laying around.  My first order of business was to cut off the cap section of the bottle, then slowly sliced into the middle of the bottle and even points and pulled upwards.  The way the blades slid upwards was undirected by me and took on a very fringe look.

No comments:

Post a Comment