Monday, September 13, 2010

Class 9/13

It's always a strang feeling starting alittle behind everyone else. Now imagine that the first time you sit down with the reast of your class is a month in. I didn't know what to expect when I entered into the classroom today, bu I must say that I wasn't too suprized by anything after being besides by a couple of my friends that have taken the class in the past.
Today we discussed our experiences walking backwards from our last assignment. We found that most o us fell into some general categories in our experiences, but there were a few that had singular experiences. After talking about walking into trees and stumbling around we started discussing our egg projects and how there was very few "innovative" ideas. There were several very interesting projects, but most had one or two people think of similar concepts. Moving along this train of though we talked about how the true project of the atrist was not to create something nessisarily new, but to convey emotion.
We then started digging into our new project of a new sence. We discussed the diffrent senses that everyone has and their purpose for existing. Our new project is to create a 6th sense and a work that appeals to that sense. I forded myself greatly enjoying this project and was immidately reminded of an old roleplaying session. My friend was playing a tech-priest and claimed to have an internal "anti-taycheon clock". For the Trekkies out there taycheons are what they use to tell time in the star trek universe as taycheon decay is measured from when the universe was born. Therefore we all camerothe conclusion that anti-taycheons measured down to tbe univers's end. I'll have to think for awhile about which of my ideas I want to work on to turn in on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment