Monday, September 13, 2010

Walking backwards

So I went to a party on Friday night with several other students. As I approached the house I was nervous because I didn't know who was going to be there. After several hours of enjoying a great party it was time to leave.
Let me preface this by saying I was inebriated at this time, but my balance was pretty solid. I started walking backwards back to the van my friends drove to the party to several questions about my current level of intoxication. I explained to my friends it was for e of my classes and found out that several of my friends have taken seeing sideways. I was having a face to face conversation with several people at once while we were all walkin to the car. After sum ling over a broken piece of sidewalk one of my friends told me that I could stop at that point I told him that doing so would lack integrity and that I was a "grown ass man" and would finish the job. Walking backwards I was seeing the same view as I had from several hours prior and had my memory jogged back to the thoughs I had then. I though back to the feelings I experienced then and reflected on them. When I was first walking to the party I was slightly anxious since I wasn't personally invited to the party. Once there I met up with and caught up with several old friends that I hadn't seen for awhile. While thinking of that at the same time I was having to think about one foot behind the the other since walkin backwards wasn't ingrained in my muscle memory like walking had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment